We have prepared the following informational
PowerPoint presentations for groups interested in aquatic safety. They are available free
of charge upon request.
- Eliminating and Reducing Spinal Cord
Injuries in the Aquatic Environment presented to University of Alabama Birmingham Center
Spinal Cord Injury Reporting Center approximately April of 2001.
- A Life Guard Training Comparative Study
presented to the NRPA March of '02
- Adequate Supervision and Maintenance of
Semi-Public Pools Results in Reduction of Serious Injuries presented to the National
Aquatic Coalition April of 2003
- Promoting Life Guarding As a Profession
- What To Do When An Accident Occurs;
Preparation For Litigation And Tips For Prevention of Litigation presented to the MRPA
Annual Meeting in 2004 in Grand Rapids
- The Standard of Care for AED Usage
at Aquatic Facilities in the State of Michigan - presented to the MRPA annual meeting
- Summary of ANSI/IAP-9 (2005) Aquatic
Facilities Standard 12/6/05
- How to Provide a Safer Environment
at Your Aquatic Facility presented to the Texas Public Pool Council January 6, 2006 at
College Station, Texas
A PowerPoint presentation are now available
on all of the above via email upon request.
The following published articles are also
available free of charge upon request.
- Eliminating Water Hazards,
published in Traumagram, August, 1992;
- Can Aquatic Safety Systems Eliminate
Starting Block Injuries, published by American Swim Coaches Association Newsletter,
- A Uniform Minimum Safe Diving Depth
for Swimming Facilities, published by ASTM in Head and Neck Injuries in Sports, 1994;
To request a copy of any or all of the
above presentations or articles, send an email to either of the following emails addresses
or phone your request using our toll-free number below.
Mail: 631 Warner Drive
Linden, Michigan 48451 USA
© Copyright 1999
Foundation for Aquatic Injury Prevention
This website was designed and is maintained by